Configuring the Analyze visualization¶
In the edition interface of a dataset, the Visualizations > Analyze tab allows to configure the default chart of the Analyze visualization displayed in the front office once the dataset is published on the portal.
The Analyze visualization, when available, is optional. It can be enabled or disabled using the tick box displayed right under the visualizations tabs.
Above the chart preview are displayed a variety of buttons and options to configure the default chart of the Analyze visualization:
- The first line is to configure the base of the chart.
- X-axis: to choose which field to use as X-axis (horizontal line)
- Max. number of points: to choose how many points should be represented on the chart
- Default ordering: for points to be displayed in a decreasing order in the chart
- The second line is to define how the different series are represented.
- Break down series: to separate the series into several groups
- Stack: for series to be stacked one on top of the other
- Add a series: to display other series on the chart
- The third and last line is to configure the series separately.
- a scroll-down menu: to choose a chart type for the series
- a color or color palette: to choose the color of the series
- Y-axis: to choose which field to use as Y-axis (vertical line)
- Use for ordering: for points to be displayed in a decreasing order in the chart, based on the chosen series
Be careful with the default charts of distributed and/or federated datasets: if they were originally configured with custom colors, re-configure the chart with other colors; otherwise, it will appear blank.