Writing a content page¶
In the page header, next to the title of the page, are displayed language buttons - one for each language available in the domain. They allow multilingual content management. In case a content page has not been translated for a chosen language, when navigating from the front office, the page will remain blank for that chosen language.
The content of the page is written and managed from the Content tab.
The Content tab is composed of 2 main elements.
- The drop-down template selector. By default, the selected template is the Custom one, which allows the creation of a content page from scratch. Other templates are available: they are predefined content pages made for various purposes (homepages, contact pages, etc.), that should be edited only to adapt the portal.
- The HTML and CSS editor. This is where the HTML content and CSS code should be written that describes the presentation of that HTML content.
Theme colors, defined in the Look & feel section of the back office, can be used in the page stylesheet as CSS variables. For more information, see the Customizing theme and portal icon documentation).
The final result will not be displayed in the page preview when using Internet Explorer.
On the right of the Content tab is also displayed a Preview button. It opens a preview of the page as the users would see it on the portal, without having to save the page first.
Using page templates¶
To choose a page template:
- Click on the Template drop-down selector.
- Choose a template from the selection.
When selecting another template while one is already in place and has already been modified, a window appears to confirm the template change.
To reset the template, that is, to erase the custom modifications and go back to the original state of the template:
- Click on the Reset template button. A related window appears.
- Click on the "Reset the content" button to confirm the resetting of the template, and deletion of all custom modifications.
Although content pages can be shared using their URL, they can also be made available to the portal users via the navigation bar or even set as the portal's main landing page (homepage). These configurations are set in the Look & feel > Navigation section of the back office (see Configuring the navigation menu).