Welcome to the user manual of the OpenDataSoft platform!¶
OpenDataSoft is a turnkey solution, designed for non-technical users to share, publish and reuse data. It is available as a commercial-off-the-shelf, cloud hosted product.
OpenDataSoft includes a unique set of integrated features:
- to collect datasets from various locations and in different formats.
- to transform and enrich these datasets using powerful built-in data preparation features.
- to publish these datasets as RESTFul APIs.
- to explore the datasets catalog, to visualize individual datasets or build multi-datasets mashups.
This documentation is OpenDataSoft’s reference user manual.
OpenDataSoft staff is always available to help. You can give us feedbacks or send us questions by contacting OpenDataSoft support, either by hitting the Support link in the back-office menu or by sending an email to email@example.com.
- Exploring the catalog and datasets
- Looking up the catalog
- Visualizing data
- Searching in the data
- Exporting data
- Using the API
- Following dataset updates
- Creating maps & charts
- Managing account
- Publishing data
- Creating a dataset
- Harvesting a catalog
- Keeping data up to date
- Processing data
- Configuring metadata
- Configuring visualizations
- Managing security
- Publishing datasets
- Creating content
- Creating a content page
- Managing the security of a page
- Customize a content page with HTML and CSS
- Integrating content
- Customizing the look & feel
- Branding your portal
- Configuring the navigation menu
- Adding assets
- Choosing a base map
- Customizing theme and portal icon
- Designing a responsive portal
- Managing the domain
- Managing users and groups
- Managing subdomains
- Analyzing the domain’s usage
- Monitoring the domain’s license and quotas
- Configuring a domain
- Managing security
- Managing legal information
- Managing tracking
- Sharing, reusing, communicating
- Configuring domain
- Customizing domain URL